Using the iPad for special needs therapy.
My younger son recently won an iPad from a special needs blog. We use it in every type of therapy he does – occupational therapy, link speech therapy, and even behavioral therapy.
The apps are especially helpful in strengthening his fine-motor skills, like control, strength, dexterity, and coordination.
Five apps for strengthening fine-motor skills:
- Wet Dry Try from Handwriting without Tears- Learn to write letters
- Doodle Buddy for iPad- Draw pictures
- ABC Coloring Book– Use your fingers to color pages that go along with each letter of the alphabet.
- Dino Puzzles– Slide the puzzle pieces into place
- Dexteria– Help increase control and dexterity by playing games
It is amazing how much technological advances can help our children with special needs. Maybe some day our son will be creating apps for other people who need extra help!