10 Ways Homeschooling Has Blessed My Family in 2012
- We have worked on biblical character education with We Choose Virtues and are seeing results in their behavior and attitudes.
- My children are completing social studies and science lessons with a biblical worldview, which means the girls are learning that God is involved in every area of our lives.
- I have been able to teach my children according to their ability level and their learning styles.
- Our flexible schedule has allowed us to accommodate therapy appointments and out-of-town specialist visits for my younger daughter, and we have taken lots of field trips for hands-on learning experiences.
- I see my children connecting what we’ve studied at home with what we see and do on field trips. They see how the book learning connects to real life!
- We have time to spend together as a family, which we do regularly – with family devotionals, read aloud time, and helping one another around the house. We even do some of our field trips on Saturdays so my husband can participate!
- As my girls grow older and face new challenges, spending most of each day together means I know their hearts – what they’re struggling with, their hopes for the future, where they need guidance.
- I am able to pray and search the Word with the girls about each issue that concerns them.
- My husband and I don’t miss any milestones – working that first problem of long division, finally mastering that elusive sight word, progress in handwriting skills.
- I see spiritual growth in my husband and myself as we step up to lead our family in God’s ways and with His strength.
This year has been a difficult one for us, and it can be hard to see the blessings when I’m caught up in the day-to-day drama. When I step back and take an objective look, I see how God has blessed our family as we walk in obedience to Him on this homeschooling journey.
“These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.” Deuteronomy 6:6-7 (NIV)
How has God blessed your family through homeschooling this year?