Summertime brings fun, order adventure, warmth, and more. Some of us may love and long for these warm months. For others of us, summer heat may make us want to hibernate in the cool mountains.
For either opinion, options for fitness fun and healthy habits during the summertime exist for all of us:
If you bask in warm weather:
- Have fun trying new water-based activities with your family.
- Try new educational games that involve outdoors and fitness (plus a few more ideas).
- You’ll like this article with ten reasons to spend summertime outdoors.
- When you do exercise in hot weather, be sure to follow heat safety guidelines to help ensure safe summer fun!
If you run away from hot weather:
- Spend the hot months training in other ways outside of your normal exercise routine. Incorporate a general weight-training workout or new exercise DVD 2-3 days a week, try out your town’s community center, or explore active children’s museums.
- Find a shaded park (or get to the mountains, if you can travel!) and explore through hiking or mountain biking.
- Try these indoor activities that can work for winter or summer months.
With a little bit of adventure and creativity, all members of your family can dive into summer fitness fun! Whether you prefer to be indoors or out, summertime brings unique fitness opportunities.