Easy Cloud Dough Recipe
Do you have an active kid, or maybe more, at home? Always getting into something, and the messier and more creative the better? Yeah…that’s me. And he loved it when I made this easy cloud dough recipe!
One thing I kept in mind was when his younger cousins or friends would play with us is that they are still going through the “let’s put everything in our mouth except for what Mom wants us to eat” stage. I had to tweak the other recipes I found out there until I found how to make it “taste safe”!
- 4 cups of all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of vegetable or canola oil
- Oil based food coloring
1. In a glass bowl or cup, mix 2 Tbs of oil with 2-4 drops of color. Add more if you want a more vibrant color since it will be mixing with the white flour for a softer color.
2. In a large plastic bowl, mix 1 & 1/3 cup of flour with the oil and color mixture.
3. Use a large spoon to mix it well; I found it easiest to dig in with my hands to break up any clumps of color and continue to mix until thoroughly distributed.
4. Repeat the steps for each color of cloud dough you are making.
And that’s it! I stored each color in a gallon size plastic bag and when the kids wanted to play. Then I poured them into a large plastic tub and added measuring cups, spoons, molds and more.
**Note: Unless you are playing outside, I’d highly recommend laying down a sheet or tablecloth for easy clean up. Trust me.