We’re talking about getting organized this month at Homeschool Village. I want to take a moment to talk about getting your Quiet Time supplies in order. As a homeschooling mom is it vital that you have time with God each day. I struggle in this area a lot but I have found that being organized gives me one less excuse for not getting my quiet time in each day. My solution is simple I have a “quiet time” basket where I keep everything that I need. For more tips on how to have an more effective quiet time check out this post!
Here’s what’s in my basket:
- Bible: I use a parallel NIV/Message bible
- a journal: I write down prayers, things I feel the Lord speaking to my heart, and anything that really sticks out to me in my scripture reading
- highlighters: I’m one of those wacky people that write in their bibles
- pens: I don’t use these for my bible but I do use them for taking notes or writing down scriptures
- colored pencils: I started color marking specific words and phrases in my bible
- index cards: I use my cards to write down scriptures I want to memorize
- tissue: I’m a cryer
- notebook paper: I use the notebook paper to jot down any random thoughts that pop into my head while I’m in my quiet time. This helps me to focus on God and not my mile long “to-do” list.
- binders: I keep my bible study notes and prayer requests in binders.
- books/bible studies: I like to read books as part of my devotion time so I have those as well as whatever bible study I’m working on at the time.
What are some of your tips for getting your devotion/bible study stuff organized?